This is common to be scared before going to attend an interview that also if i is the first job interview. But the easiest way to avoid this scary feelings is just think about your school/college days when you had to attend the viva. Though these two things are little different but still those past memory will help you to build the basic level confidence in you. So here I will be discussing the step by step process that will help you to prepare yourself for an interview.
Prepare Your Resume
Before going to attend any kind of job interview, first prepare your resume according with the job profile, for that you want to apply. Do the ground level research about that particular job profile. I mean, you should have the knowledge required for that job profile. High light those particular project or certification courses on your resume that related with that job profile. But be careful, you should have the proper knowledge about those project and courses. Because it is normal that an interviewer will be more interested to ask you question from those part of your resume.So take time to study some tricky / popular / uncommon question on those subject.
Research About the Company
Now is the time to do a little research about the company. For this go to the nearest cyber cafe or in the browsing center and take help from Google. Just open the Home page of the company website. And try to point out few important points like CEO of the company, objective of the company, mission of the company, head office of the company, current affairs and trends etc. Try to learn as much as you can about the company it will be better if you talk with some employee of the same company. research current affairs and trends
Prepare Your Dress
Be careful in this part of the interview preparation, because this will make your first impression and this should be great. Present yourself in light colour formal cloth. But make sure your outfit is comfortable and fits well. Don’t wear too much colorful cloth. Give proper attention to accessories by wearing nice, clean shoes and try to use minimum jewelry. Use a nice file to carry your all the document. You should keep all the document properly in the file. Below I am giving a list of dress code.
Men’s Interview Attire
- Suit (solid color – navy or dark grey)
- Long sleeve shirt (white or coordinated with the suit)
- Dark socks, conservative leather shoes
- Little or no jewelry
- Neat, professional hairstyle
- Limit the aftershave(Don’t Use Much )
- Don’t use too much perfume/ deodorant
- Neatly trimmed nails
- Portfolio or briefcase
Women’s Interview Attire
- Suit(navy, black or dark grey)/ Shalwar Kameez/ Saree
- The suit skirt should be long enough so you can sit down comfortably
- Coordinated blouse
- Conservative shoes
- Limited jewelry (no dangling earrings or arms full of bracelets)
- No jewelry is better than cheap jewelry
- Professional hairstyle
- Neutral pantyhose
- Light make-up and perfume
- Neatly manicured clean nails
- Portfolio or briefcase
What Not to do During Interview:
Now I will discuss some point that you should not do during the interview.
- Don’t keep gum in your mouth.
- Don’t bring cell phone with you.
- Don’t keep your mobile in vibrant mode.
- Don’t make your face too serious.
- Do not look here and there.
- Don’t bend forward. Walk straight.
- Don’t try to be over smart.Try to be who you are.
- Don’t be in hurry to give answers. Take your time and speak slowly with confidence. Speak clearly
- Do not hesitate to ask question to interviewer.
- Don’t use slang or off-color humor during your interview.
- Don’t criticize your former employer.
Hope this will help you to prepare yourself for an interview. But please keep in mind that you should not loose your confidence. You may or may not know the answer of few question but still keep your face smiling and eye contact with the interviewer till the end of the interview.